Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Micro Acquarium was set up as directed on Oct. 16.  I chose water source 3 that was collected from Carter Mill Park, at the spring source, on Carter Mill Road, Knox Co. TN.  There was partial shade exposure, coordinates of N36 01.161 W83 42.832, and an elevation of 940ft.  From the water source, I filled the lower 1/3 of the tank with mud from the bottom of the water source, the middle 1/3 was filled with water from above the muddy layer, and the top 1/3 was filled with water from the top of the source.  To the aquarium, I also added two plants: Amblestegium sp., a moss which came from the same location/coordinates as the water source, and Utricularia gibba L, a flowering, carnivorous plant source with original material from the south shore of Spain Lake (N 35o55 12.35" W088o20' 47.00), Camp Bella Air Rd. East of Sparta Tn. in White Co. and grown in water tanks outside of greenhouse at Hesler Biology Building at the University of Tennessee. Knox Co. Knoxville TN.
As I observed the aquarium under the microscope, I saw what looked to be multiple, different sized "bubbles" moving purposefully about in the water in a line from plant to plant; they were moving at different speeds.  I was unable to identify any organism in particular. 


No comments:

Post a Comment